Crock-Pot SCCPVL600-R Portable Slow Cooker Review And Details
The Crock-Pot SCCPVL600-R Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, is a huge improvement on the Crock-Pot SCV400B 4-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker. This exquisitely looking slow cooker tries to address the concerns raised by customers who have used the latter slow cooker. It comes in red or stainless sliver finish. The same glass lid gasket of its sister, the Crock-pot SCV400B 4-quart is what this slow cooker comes with but with an improvement. There is a clip-on lock on the lid or cover of this slow cooker. This is the major improvement on the crock-pot. The clip-on feature makes sure your food remains intact while moving it about. As the name implies; cook and carry, this slow cooker can serve either as a pot or as a serving dish. It can be taken to parties without looking odd because of its beautiful sleek design.
It affords you the flexibility to make your meal as you wish. It comes with high, low and warm cooking settings. This makes it possible to cook your meal over a short period of time or while you are occupied with your daily activity. With the high setting, you can make your stews, sauces, snack, appetizer, dip or any other thing you want within a short period of time. With the low setting, you can put your food to cook while you are away from the house and the warm setting is to keep your food warm when you are attending a party and need the food to stay warm.
With the Crock-pot SCCPVL600-R Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart oval manual portable slow cooker, no matter the recipe or occasion, this pot will maintain a steady temperature until your meal is deliciously cooked to perfection with all the flavours locked in. With the secured and tight-fitting lid, a lock is created that seals the stoneware and the lid that eliminates any mess while the food is boiling or while on transit.
The first thing you notice about Crock-pot SCCPVL600-R cook n carry 6-quart oval manual portable cooker is the sleekness of its exterior. It comes with a glass lid gasket that makes seeing your food cooking without lifting the lid possible. Two plastic handles to make carrying your pot easy can be seen by the sides of the slow cooker. On the body of it also is a switch that can be turned to the high, low or keep warm settings. It has a stylish, stainless finish that easily blends in with other kitchen utensils. It comes in either red or silver colour for variety.
- The slow cooker is a 6-quart oval stoneware that is perfect for seven or more people
- Can also cook a six pound roast or a whole chicken.
- Has high, low and warm settings that can perfectly make sauces, stews, chilis and many more
- Has a clip-on lid that keeps the food from spilling when moving the pot from one place to another
- The lid mounting securing system makes for portability should you want to take it along with you to an occasion
- The dimension measures approximately 15 x 10 by 15 inches
- Has two oversize handles
- Warm setting cooks with 62 watts
- Low setting cooks with 223 watts
- High setting cooks at 251 watts
- the clip-on securing system ensures that when you need to move the pot, the interior of your car remains clean when you are driving to the family house, friend’s party, company picnics or anywhere else
- its removable stoneware can be easily transferred from the kitchen to a refrigerator (when cooled) or to the dining table as a serving dish
- both stoneware and the glass lid gasket that the Crock-pot SCCPVL600-R cook n carry 6-quart oval manual portable cooker comes in are dishwasher friendly
- the sleek nature of the slow cooker makes it easy clean when you want to manually wash it
- the oval shape prevents the slow cooker from taking too much space on the kitchen counter or in the car
- can make meals for a family of seven or more
- the oval shape allows for larger cuts of meat or a whole chicken
- comes with a small hole on the lid of the pot that can allow external meat thermometer to check doneness without lifting
- has a rubber seal on the lid that keeps liquid from spilling while cooking
- cannot be programmed to cook for a certain hour
Out of 1, 458 customer review, this product got 5 star from 71% of the customers that bought it on Amazon. There were, however some that complained of the hotness of the slow cooker even when it is on warm setting, which boils food instead of just making it warm. [ on March 2016 ]
The Crock-pot SCCPVL600-R cook n carry 6-quart oval manual portable cooker may not have all the features other sophisticated slow cookers have, but we still think it is a good slow cooker that delivers on the job when your concern is to buy a slow cooker that can give you a delicious meal without ripping you off cash-wise.