Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S Slow Cooker Review And Details
This 6 quart crock-pot SCCPVL610-S programmable cook and carry oval slow cooker can perfectly feed no less than seven persons. It is an improvement on some of the slow cookers because it comes in a unique way that after your meal is done, you can simply detach it from the cooking base and carry it with you wherever you may be going. With its easy to lock gasket lid, you can be sure to travel with your meal in it without making a mess out of it.
Its large capacity can comfortably accommodate food for guests coming over or for a small house party. Because it comes with a removable stoneware pot, you can move it from the kitchen counter straight to the dining table and use as a stylish serving dish.
You can set your meals from 30 minutes up to 20 hours cooking range and it allows you to put it on and leave cooking overnight or while you are out. It automatically shifts to warm cooking when the cooking time is over. The energy consumption is 240 watts at 120V A.C. and 60Hz. It can cook 6 pound roast or a whole chicken. The programmable buttons or setting gives you flexibility to set it to high, low or to warm settings. You can equally set a time frame for it to start cooking till finish. This feature makes you know exactly when your meal will be ready without needing to open the lid to check consistently.
The Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S Programmable Cook and Carry Oval Slow Cooker, 6-Quart comes with a stylish, stainless finish and convenient gasket lid that locks in food safely to prevent spillage. It effortlessly blends in with other kitchen units and gadgets. The lid is made of clear glass for ease of cooking. It comes with four major buttons that allows you to increase the timing, decrease the timing, put it off or the select button that lets you choose if you want your meal to cook on high, low or to switch to warm mode. It also has an obvious screen that shows you how long the meal has cooked or to see the timing as you press the button to increase or decrease the cooking time. This slow cooker comes with black handles that won’t burn your hand in the process of transporting it from the kitchen to anywhere else. It comes in two major colors, red and stainless finish exterior.
- 6 quart capacity that can cook for 7 persons or more
- Can cook a 6 pound roast
- Programmable digital control that allows you set a desired time for your meal
- Can cook meals from 30 minutes up to 20 hours
- Works on 240 Watts at 120V A.C. and 60Hz
- Has Low, High and Warm settings
- Comes with a removable oval stoneware that can also serve as serving dish
- Easy gasket lid that locks in food
- Product dimension is 15 x 15.2 x 10 inches by 13 pounds
- Weight when packaged for shipping is 13.7 pounds
- Sleek design pot that can serve as a pot on the stoneware or as a serving dish
- Can easily make casseroles, lamb ribs, beans, roasts, chicken, rice, and many breakfast dishes
- Its 30 minutes to 20 hours cooking time can allow you to make dishes that require longer cooking time. Stocks and pre-programmed meals can be made with the 6 quart slow cooker.
- Can cook food on low or high setting and automatically switches to warm setting mode once done with cooking.
- The control buttons are touch and user friendly and not turn dials.
- Comes with a user manual that is straight to the point with some recipes that can be made with the slow cooker
- Its handles are large and makes for easier grip and hold.
- The heat goes round which allows meals to cook evenly and never scorches.
- Is light weight with an oval shape that makes it easier to store away
- The time display screen is big enough to see across the kitchen or hallway without the need to come any closer.
- Lid gasket and stoneware can be put in the dishwasher. A gentle scrub on the heating base with a soft cloth and warm or soapy water gets rid of any food residue.
- Stoneware is also microwave and oven safe
- Can be used in storing food in the refrigerator
- The warm mode setting which according to the manufacturer is supposed to be 175 degrees, however, always goes as high as 211 to 215 degrees.
Although there were a couple of complaints from dissatisfied users of this product with some complaining about the degree of the warm mode getting increasingly high to a boiling point, to others saying that the handle came broken, the Cook and Carry Oval Slow Cooker is the best seller on Amazon. It has received 4.3 stars from 1, 763 out of the 2, 222 reviewers [on March 2016 ].
This product may not be perfect, but with more pros than cons, we certainly agree that this product is well worth its price and has been found useful by many of its users. We, therefore, recommend this product as it serves multiple purpose of cooking and serving as a serving dish. Also with its programmable features, the Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S 6 Quart Slow Cooker leaves you at liberty to do with your meal whatever you wish.