Cuisinart MSC-600 3-In-1 Multi-Cooker Review And Details
The Cuisinart Cook Central 3-in-1 Multicooker can best be described as the ultimate cooker that meets all the cooking requirements a family needs to turn out a decent meal. With three programmable cooking functions, you can brown meats or chicken, sauté vegetables, and slow cook any food without needing to switch to another cooker. The 3-in-1 multicooker can also steam vegetables and prepare stuffed artichokes to start a gourmet meal.
It takes away the need to brown meat or your food ingredients in a separate pot before transferring to the slow cooker. With cuisinart cook central 3-in-1 multicooker, you can brown your food items in its unit and with a simple switch it turns to slow cooking the same meal. It does not only cook food but can also be used to make desserts. This multicooker comes with two big display screens for easy checking even across the kitchen. Whatever it is you are cooking, once the programmed meal is done cooking it automatically switches to keep warm mode preventing your meal from getting cold. With this multicooker, you don’t need to transfer to a serving dish because with a lift of the handles, you easily move it to the dining table. Cleaning it up is not tasking. The central cooking pot, the steaming rack and the glass lid are all dishwasher friendly.
Also included in the function of the multicooker is the on and off easy push button controls. It comes in 4-quart (can cook for four or more persons), 6-quart (can cook for 6 or more persons) and 7-quart (can cook meals for seven or more persons) capacities. The cuisinart cook central 3-in-1 multicooker comes with a wider and more shallow pot than other crock pots. This allows meals to cook more evenly. The slow cooking option is good for meals that require long and low simmering like stocks, stews, dried beans, soups and others. It has three setting options of high, low and simmer. Just by merely selecting the cooking function that suits your recipe and setting the desired time and temperature and pressing start, you can leave you meal to cook while you attend to other things.
The Cuisinart MSC-600 3-In-1 Cook Central 6-Quart Multi-Cooker: Slow Cooker, Brown/Saute, Steamer cooking aid comes in attractive brushed stainless steel exterior housing with a non-stick cooking pot that allows you do most of your cooking in one unit. It looks very sturdy with wide control display that has two digital screens for temperature and time settings with buttons to control it by the side of it. On the control switch can be found the browning/sautéing , slow cooking and steam buttons.
- The cuisinart cook central 6-quart multi cooker comes with preset function buttons (Brown/Saute, Steam & Slow Cook) with high, low, simmer and auto keep warm settings
- Has blue backlit LCD display with programmable 24-hour timer
- Has temperature control settings up to 400º F
- Has a removable 6-quart nonstick aluminium cooking pot
- Stainless steel construction finish
- Has a glass lid cover for clear viewing
- The product dimension is 12 x 19 x 9.5 inches; 16 pounds
- Shipping weight is 18 pounds
- Can steam up to 90 minutes
- The Cook Central can even do dessert.
- This multicooker comes with an included booklet with numerous recipes to choose from
- Comes with a glass lid cover that allows you see the progress of meals while cooking
- The cool touch handle made of hard plastic allows you monitor the cooking progress and stays cool throughout the cooking to prevent you from burning your hand when lifting to check cooking progress
- All the removable parts that this multicooker comes with are dishwasher-safe for effortless cleanup
- Added bonus of limited 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- The pot is lightweight and easy to lift without difficulty
- Has one touch switch mode that handles your whole cooking
- Control panel that is easy to use
- Steams foods for health conscious individuals
- Brown/sauté function can also be used to reheat meals
- Gives you the freedom to regulate the temperature you want your meal to cook unlike many other cookers
- The exterior stays considerably cooler than any other similar cooker
- The quad rubber feet keeps the multicooker stable and non-slippery even on slippery marble kitchen counter
- The generous size in which the multicooker comes in can take up a lot of space on the kitchen counter or cabinet.
Some customers who have bought the product complained of the lettering on the control panel faded too quickly making them to refer back to the manual whenever they wanted to cook. Some also complained that the cuisinart cook central 6-quart multi cooker becomes temperamental and turns off randomly or that the digital display stops working entirely. However, out of 1,310 reviews from customers, 75% gave it a 5 star on amazon [ on March 2016 ].
With too many pros than cons, we just can’t find much defects in the cuisinart cook central 3-in-1 multicooker. The 3-in-1 feature it affords us makes it quite irresistible. Although it is more expensive than many slow cookers, when you consider that this multicooker saves you from purchasing different cookers/pots for sautéing, browning and slow cooking, then you might not worry about the price tag after all.