There is no way the place of slow cookers can be replaced with any other cooking ware in our lives. Although slow cookers have long being in existence, they remain very valuable in today’s modern kitchen. They were borne out of the need to have a safer, more convenient, healthier and perhaps cheaper way to prepare our meals. When it comes to cooking some of those tough to cook vegetables or that part of meat that needs long cooking before the real taste can be gotten, slow cookers always beats the competition.
Another thing about slow cookers is that it is a convenient way to cook meals while you go about your busy chores. You can add all your ingredients in the slow cooker, add also the meat or vegetable, set it and leave for work. It doesn’t get any better than that.
It has saved the housewife a lot of stress of staying in the kitchen to check on what she is cooking since she can just set it and go about her laundry or any other thing she fancies. Now what about the busy career woman or man? Yes, I included men because in this age and stage cooking is no longer the reserve of women. Men cook too, so this cookware offers them a lot of options. Slow cookers offers the busy career person the option to have a well prepared mean sitting warm and ready to be eaten. This eliminated the need to go out to eat or to grab a meal on the way back from work because of little to cook.
What you need to know about slow cooker SCVT650-PS
Crock-pot slow cooker SCVT650-PS 6.5 quart is a home cooking option that can provide meal for a family of 7 to 9 persons. It can also be used to make meals for a small get-together party. It has a spacious unit that is roomy enough to accommodate a large batch of soup made of different vegetables and spices or a 7 pound roast be it chicken or beef. This slow cooker ensures you get the best flavour out of your cooking because of the way it is constructed to work. Depending on the time it is set programmed, it can slow cook food until you get back from work. It cooks a mouth watering meal each and every time that is simply irresistible.
The advantage of programmable cooking
One thing about this SCVT650-PS slow cooker is that it is programmable. This is a feature a lot of cooks desire and love. People that don’t have enough time to spare can benefit from this. With the programmable feature, meals can be cooked overnight. That lovely iron cut oatmeal dish or any other porridge that you fancy can be ready by morning. You just programme it to start cooking at a time that is best convenient. The slow cooker is very versatile. What is your fancy is to refrigerate your meal overnight and start the cooking process in the morning, then you have nothing to worry about. You can refrigerate your meal in the stoneware of this slow cooker and then in the morning all you have to do is insert the stoneware into the heating base, make sure the lid is secured, turn on the slow cooker and set it to the time you want it to cook. It’s that easy. No need of using a separate plate to spice and refrigerate your meats, chicken and roasts when this can conveniently do it for you.
This slow cooker comes with the fingertip touch control that gives you the alternative to cook your meal on high, low or just warm cook settings. It doesn’t stop there. You are also allowed to choose the length of time you want your meal to cook. You have the option to cook your meal at 30 minutes up 20 hours. It offers so much flexibility. This means that even vegetables that perhaps need to be cooked for only about an hour can be set at such time to cook in this slow cooker. This can be achieved when you make use of the touchscreen panel.
- Metal Side Handles Wrapped in Silicone for ease of moving the pot about
- Removable Stoneware and Glass Lid
- On/off easy touch controls
- dishwasher safe removable oval stoneware and lid
- glass lid to see the meal as it cooks
- has 6.5 quart capacity for large cooking
- oval stoneware design
- stainless steel finishing
- touch screen controls
- has automatic keep warm and shut down programmable timer
- weighs in at 15 pounds
- dimensions is 16.5 x 12.2 x 8.7 inches
- comes with one year limited period warranty
As with many cooking wares, it is also important we see the advantages and disadvantages of the Crock-pot slow cooker SCVT650-PS 6.5 quart.
- Perfect for cooking recipes such as Indian lentils, dahl, curries
- Dissipates heat evenly whether set on low, high or keep warm temperature
- comfortable grip stylish metal side handles protected with silicone to help ensure a comfortable and secured grip
- can be moved from the kitchen to the dining room or buffet as serving dish
- Removable stoneware and glass lid
- Can be used to store marinated meat and roast in the refrigerator
- Stone can also be used to store leftovers in the fridge
- The lid and stoneware are dishwasher friendly and makes for ease of cleaning
- and finally into the dishwasher for quick cleanup.
- Cooks hard cooking meats like lamb, chicken and bone stock to perfection
- Digital display helps you know how far your cooking is doing
- Programmable timer allows you to cook as long or as short as you want
- Keep warm settings ensure your food remains warm until you are ready to eat
- cannot set temperature to cook on low, high or warm settings all at once
- does not come with a clip on lid to secure the content when on transit
we think that Crock-pot slow cooker SCVT650-PS 6.5 quart is a very reliable and effective slow cooker that won’t leave a whole in your pocket. It competes with the high priced slow cookers in stores and still gives them a run for their money. Aside the little concern which we stated in the cons, we can comfortably rate this product a 5-star.